Monday 30 November 2009

The Filming Process - Improved Script

written by Elena Antoniades and Anna Philona
As we were filming the scenes of our first storyline we were basing them using our draft script, which was written by Anna Philona and can be viewed via our group blog. Though we immediately felt this needed to be changed as the performance of realism was not being portrayed and these lines seemed unnatural. We wanted to achieve a scene that would reflect real life and a continuous flow, therefore we changed the script.

SCRIPT
Characters: Maria and Dervish,
played by Anna and Dervish are sitting on the sofa, Dervish leans in to kiss Anna he senses that something is wrong though still leans in to kiss her. Anna is hesitant and pushes him away.

Dervish;
(reacts)

Anna;
I need to tell you something

Dervish;
Why, whats up?

Anna;
You Know... (pause)

Dervish;
reacts (looks on floor)

Anna;
You know what I mean (pause), I don't think I'm ready for it yet.

(pause)

Dervish;
I'm not going to false you to do something you don't want to. (pause) Whenever your ready. (trails off)

(Both look around followed by an awkward silence)

Anna;
I bought the perfect dress for Joanna's party tonight, I cant wait.

Dervish;
I'm sorry I cant make it

Anna;
Don't worry

(Scene ends)

No comments:

Post a Comment